<!a href="https://www.thehealingconsciousness.com/risk-factors-we-can-control/nutrition/" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to Nutrition">Nutrition<!/a>
Our bodies are complex energy factories and need appropriate fuel to work at their peek performance. Making positive changes in our daily food choices can greatly enhance our ability to function appropriately and reduce the toxic load.
Dietary modification can include these changes:
- Increase in the amount of vegetables consumed
- Decrease in the amount of saturated fat consumed — Including meat and dairy products, as well as trans fatty acids found in processed foods
- Increase consumption of healthy fats from cold-water fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel)
- Methods of food preparation
- Increase the number of fiber rich foods consumed, such as vegetables, legumes, whole grains and fruits
- Avoid Omega 6 Fatty Acids: Come from plant sources, Liquid at room temperature, Can lower HDL, Seem to contribute to cancer risk, Sunflower oil, corn oil, safflower oil, cottonseed oil, Soybean oil, and canola oil
- Increase consumption of Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Probably the greatest known nutritional deficiency in Western society, Decrease risk of coronary artery disease and inflammation, Increase immune function, Fish oil, flax seed oil, and olive oil, Green, leafy vegetables, and nuts, Meat of herbivores, such as wild game (venison)
- Several foods in particular are known to have anti-cancer properties and should be come a part of your regular diet.
Eating Habits of the Highly Successful and Fit:
- They tend to stick to the same “daily healthy menu.”
- They eat breakfast.
- They drink water.
- They eat small and often.
- They eat whole foods (non-processed) first.
- They know their foods.
- They eat their favorite foods- CAREFULLY.
- They don’t keep unhealthy foods in their house.
- They close the kitchen after dinner.
- They’re resourceful and politely picky at restaurants.
Include these foods in your diet:
Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Kale)
Leafy green vegetables
- Furhman, MD, Joel. SUPER IMMUNITY: New York,: Harper Collins 2011.
- Pollen, Michael. Food Rules. New York: Penguin 2009.
- Servan-Schreiber, MD, David. Anticancer: A New Way of Life, New York:Viking, 2009.